Thursday, April 20, 2006

Panasonic's packing 103" inches!

Wassup, Y'all!



Yeah, baby! Yeaaaaah!

Okay, I'll be the first to admit that I haven't yet caught one of those Austin Powers joints, but I am kinda fond of one of Mike Meyers catch phrases in the movie, especially since it works so well for Panasonic's debut of a 103" High Definition Plasma screen TV...

In my book, you can boil homeboys down into three basic categories: the power tool set which I call Gearheads, the electronic gadget set which I call Techheads and the metrosexual clothing/grooming product set which I call gay Noheads (if you get my meaning...I hear women don't like guys who spend more time in the mirror than they do...). Me? Undoubtedly old Tyrone is a card carrying Techhead so I have to admit that the announcement had me going through all kinds of changes just thinking about the possibilities of owning a home theater with that bad boy as the proverbial 'draws dropper' (as my southside homeys are known to say).

When you start talking about a 103" HD Plasma, every homeboy in the Techhead nation immediately starts thinking about what choice DVDs he could peep on that bad boy that would show off such massive scope (a Nohead on the other hand would be worrying about how much dust that bad boy might collect and whether he needs to invest in another lint brush...). I'm thinking a few action joints like Heat and The Last Samurai, a couple classics like Top Gun and Glory, a little bit of eye candy like Charlie's Angels - Full Throttle and the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show - maybe Shakira's new 'Hips Don't Lie' music video. *Sigh*

According to the specs, Panasonic's wall buster clocks in at a hefty 400 lbs. so no matter how macho you want to look in front of your girl, you'll either need a couple homeboys to help with the installation or go the complete castration route and get a professional to do it for you (if you ask politely he might even date your girl for you if you're not up to that either...). Regardless, should you be able to pull off getting one of those bad boys, you'll be able to put a temporary halt to the neighbor flexing that always has your shorty rolling her eyes. You know how homeboys do. We're all into comparing our $hit with our boyz. It'd be all like:

Dude, you still packing that 72" over at your crib? Dang homes, you need to get with the times - you know I'm packing that Pana 103", right? That's right - so if you're feeling lonely tonight, that's cuz your girl will be over at my spot watchin' Desperate Housewives with me
.

That would just be the tip of the iceberg, y'all. Yo Panasonic! Good lookin'out, homey-sans!

Peace@Least,

Tyrone

No comments: