Wednesday, October 25, 2006

A Southside President? Copy That.

Wassup, Y'all!

I thought that with all the ruckus surrounding Smooth Barack's (aka Barack Obama) mention that the door to his running for President in 2008 is open 'a bit', it would be an opportune time to mention that he's already late to the party. A new southside President will be in the Oval Office *this* January...on my show 24 which bows in mid January. Yes, y'all - Jack's (almost) back and sitting in the big seat as the country's *second* southside President is none other than David Palmer's little brother, Wayne 'Mr. President' Palmer (aka D.B. Woodside - the homey on the right), which I'm pretty sure means that the flights on Air Force One will look a lot like those on the Soul Plane...

Just kidding - if you are fans of Fox's high octane thriller 24, you'll know that southside President David Palmer (the always good Dennis Haysbert) was serious as a heart attack so I expect nothing different from little Wayne. I've been fiending for my 24 fix since the end of last season when Jack was on the business end of the old okie doke and ended up on a slow freighter to China to pay for his role in the death of the U.S. Chinese Ambassador. My boy DLT (who needs to be on retainer here in the Malone Zone, but y'all know mama is on a fixed income...) hipped me to the latest trailer for Season Six so thank him for the hook up.

And far be it from me to mess with a successful formula but I'm thinking it's time to start introducing some 'Bauer Girls' to the series - an angle that has become a welcome staple in that other enduring secret agent franchise, James Bond. I wouldn't exactly put Teri Bauer (Leslie Hope), Nina Myers (Sarah Clark), Kate Warner (Sarah Wynter) or Audrey Raines (Kim Raver) in the same category as Pussy Galore (Honor Blackman), Dr. Holly Goodhead (Lois Chiles) or Jinx (Halle Berry) so if Fox would allow a humble brother a simple suggestion it would be to give up two, maybe three terrorist attacks this season for at least one Bond-worthy main squeeze with a Bond-worthy name like Caprice Bootay or Dr. Julie F. Reek - just a really, really good thought.

In the meantime, I've got my calendar marked for January and TiVo primed and ready to tackle another twenty-four episode arc. Judging by the trailer, Jack's going to be in some serious trouble this season :-)

Peace@Least,

Tyrone

No comments: