Wednesday, February 04, 2009

(Tax) Dodgin' Daschle out as Smooth Says 'My Bad'

Wassup, Y'all!


I'm in the car yesterday morning, runnin' my girl to the airport and the topic of tax dodgin' Tom Daschle came up and how Smooth Barack should play it. We both agreed that in the wake of his Treasury Secretary pick, Tim 'You have to pay taxes?' Geithner and before we even knew about 'Chief Performance Officer' nominee Nancy Killefer's 'personal tax issues' that the whole deal appeared unseemly and that Tax Dodgin' Tom needed to go. I'm glad he dropped off his papers and hit the road, but ol Ty's a little surprised that the vaunted Smooth Barack vetting machine has developed a serious hitch in its giddy-up. (Commerce Secretary nominee) Bill Richardson, Geithner, Daschle and Killefer - three tax related issues and one possible pay-to-play scheme (a scheme that's surprisingly not in Illinois this time...). It seems to ol Ty that, given past history, that the tax question would be one of the first questions asked, right after the 'have you even been involved in a pay-to-play scheme' question. That's Vetting 101, y'all. Of course you could ask the questions and not get truthful answers but folks have to know that in *this* day and time - it's all gonna come out eventually....

So Smooth hits the news cycle wipin' some early egg off his face and coppin' to a 'my bad' plea. I can appreciate the apology but with the dire importance of getting a good stimulus package passed hangin' in the balance, I have to admit that I have my fingers crossed that all the personnel glitches are now ironed out. Especially since Smooth has put a lot of stock in the brainpower he has assembled to put needed focus on that and other pressing issues. Seems to me brainpower like should be able to figure out how to go to TurboTax.com and type in some numbers. It's interesting how folks with money can find more ways not to pay Gangster Sam. Well it's lookin' like our boy Sam's got his people out on the blocks takin' names and crashin' careers. Guess I need to go dust off my W-2 too...

Peace@Least,

Tyrone

No comments: