Monday, November 27, 2006

Quincy's daughter in an Office triangle

Wassup, Y'all!

You'd think that Quincy Jones would have warned his daughter to steer clear of office romances, but there she is - in the middle of a love triangle on one of the funniest shows on TV - The Office. If you work in anything that resembles Corporate America and you haven't peeped this show yet, you're missing a dead on satire of office life at its worst. For example, the last installment featured the office boss (played by 40 Year Old Virgin nut, Steve Carell) welcoming Rasida Jones (Quincy's girl) to her new office branch by telling her that she was 'very exotic looking' and asking whether her father was a 'GI'...

Most folks don't know that Rashida owes her 'exotic' looks to her parents - Quincy Jones and Mod Squad girl, Peggy Lipton. That's a pretty good pedigree.

To ol Ty's embarrassment, I've been trying to place Rashida since she showed up on the show and her character, Karen, started catching feelings for the show's 'hero', Jim (Jim is who you would be in the show, y'all - the main normal person). I knew that Rashida reminded me of someone but it wasn't until I looked her up and peeped a glossy of her mom Peggy that it all fell together.
If you check out pictures of Peggy, there's no denying that those two are mother / daughter. Funny how genetics work y'all.

Anyway, now that 'Karen' has moved into the Scranton branch of the Dunder Mifflin Paper Company, she finds herself at odds with 'Pam' (Jenna Fischer), the office receptionist who broke Jim's heart at the end of last season. Just based on that foulness I'd have to toss my support to Rashida but y'all know that in Hollywood scripts, 'exotic looks' tend to work against you.

Now nothing against northside shorty Pam but I'm from the school of 'You Snooze, You Lose' and homegirl had Jim twistin' in the wind for the longest before cracking his face by turning down his advance. Havin' been on the business end of that ruckus my damn self how can a brother not root for the exotic north/southside shorty to get what she's looking for? So I plan to put my cheddar where my grill is and pick up a couple Team Karen T-shirts for me and the shortys around my office here in the basement. Holler if you hear me.

Peace@Least,

Tyrone

No comments: