Monday, November 05, 2007

A Black Woman's Smile


Wassup, Y'all!

I had planned on posting a follow up on my boy Cuba Gooding, Jr. tonight but a TIGHT video came across the basement news desk that ol Ty just had to share. It's a spoken word joint by Ty Grey-El - a southside homey I hadn't heard about til now but who is now firmly lit up on the basement radar. Ordinarily I'm not a 'spoken word' poetry kind of homey but clearly I'll have to reevaluate that short sighted thinking. As the post subject notes, his topic addresses the difficulty of making southside shortys smile. While we homeboys are quick to chalk the reason up to high maintenance, perpetual anger or something else just as triflin', Grey-El breaks down the actual factuals and left me feeling like a dope for such thoughts...

Peace@Least,

Tyrone

No comments: