Monday, June 19, 2006

Wake me in the fourth period, baby...

Wassup, Y'all!


"It's Wade at the buzzer...oh my God! What a game!!"

Yawn...the new NBA slogan should be 'You Snooze, You Lose!!'

Dude, what's up with the ABC/ESPN/TNT programming with the NBA playoffs this year? Including last night's off-the-hook, Game 5 OT thriller between the Mavs and the Heat, the NBA broke a record for the most OT games in the playoffs - ever. The product is hot but who can really enjoy it when even weekend games are broadcast at 9 pm ET - for an EAST COAST GAME!??

Now I may spend my days chillin' up in my mama's basement, but I know that most folks got to get up and go to work. How's that happening when these games end around 11:00 or 12:00 at night? Unlike those forward thinking European employers that will give their workers the next day off when their team is playing late in the World Cup, you know US companies aren't hearing that noise, jack! I miss seeing playoff games in the afternoon on weekends. It will be a damn shame if the Finals go to a Game 7 and we have to watch that joint unfold between gulps of Red Bull with espresso chasers.

ABC - get a clue!

Peace@Least,

Tyrone

No comments: