Sunday, October 28, 2007

Monday's Thought: JD vs. JT

Wassup, Y'all!
Had to shout on this one right quick. I'm over on Black Voices mindin' my own business when I come across this quote from Jermaine Dupri about Justin Timberlake:

"I think Justin Timberlake is a talented performer. But he's very ordinary-looking. He could be any skinny white kid from the suburbs of Orlando. You could go to the mall and find another Justin. He doesn't make his style interesting even when he's onstage. To me, he just doesn't look like a star."

Okay, first I'm not all up on the Justin bandwagon but I do have some of homeboy's cuts in my iPod rotation. Second, I know JD has a book to sell ('Young, Rich, and Dangerous') and when you're on your pub tour the book publishers like you throwing out provocative stuff to get folk's interest, BUT if you looked like JD, would you publicly talk about anyone else's look? Same would hold for Flava Flav. Class dismissed, y'all.

Peace@Least,

Tyrone

No comments: