Monday, September 19, 2005

Ready to get my Roll on...

Wassup, Y'all!

Fortunately, this roll ain't got nothing to do with Daunte Culpepper and those bogus Minnesota Vikings! What's up with those boyz? I'm losing money on them every week! No - as you can see from the premium glossy of Megan Goode, the roll I'm jibber-jabbering about is the retro 70's skating rink joint Roll Bounce due out this Friday...

Lately with Chris Rock's upcoming UPN series Everybody Hates Chris and now this joint, I'm blissfully awash in old school 70's jams. Roll Bounce takes it's name from the Imajin cut Bounce, Rock, Skate, Roll and as soon as I saw the trailer featuring the wide roller rink with the tight disco lighting system and outline, four wheel skates with the toe brakes I was like awwwwww yeah - just like back in the day when biddy bop Tyrone was getting his roll on with the little shortys. Never saw any shortys that looked like Megan Goode at my spot though...

Roll Bounce looks like that hip hop dance flick You Got Served on skates and features young buck Bow Wow, Megan, Chi McBride, Mike Epps and Charley Murphy to name a few. I also caught young shorty Jurnee Smollett in the trailer. I liked old girl in Wanda Sykes blink-to-DVD sitcom Wanda At Large. Coincidently, both Jurnee and Megan starred (along with Lynn Whitfield) in that small (but good) flick Eve's Bayou.
Man - what ever happened to that whole Smollett clan? Running all around looking like the black Osmonds? Guess they'll have to find their way to a 'What's the Dilly With' post sometime soon. Anyway, y'all know I've been weak with picking flicks this season, so I have to be due right about now, but if this joint is anything like Bow Wow's last outing in Johnson Family Vacation old Tyrone may have to duck out early Megan Goode or no Megan Goode (who also hasn't be a harbinger of a good flick *since* Eve's Bayou either...). We'll see...

Peace@Least,

Tyrone

No comments: