Friday, September 01, 2006

B'ed The Hell Out!

Wassup, Y'all!

Now I don't know about you, but me? Man, I'm B'ed (Beyonce'ed) the hell out with this wall to wall coverage out in front of her next CD drop date. Dang - DROP that bad boy already and give some cover space, air time, face time, oxygen to somebody else! Can't say that chica doesn't have a massive PR machine churning 24/7 but come on now - last I heard we were *still* in a war with Iraq, Iran's still trying to get the bomb, Lebanon is still on the canvas looking for its mouthpiece, Janet *still* hasn't talked to Justin since the whole Superbowl unveiling *and* she still hasn't adequately explained (despite my repeated, unanswered calls to her crib) just how her booty has expanded to approached mini-Beyonce proportions...

The first thing I want to draw your attention to is that opening glossy and its companion right here. House of Dereon? How 'bout House of Brown Skinned Maid Service? How 'bout dat? Let me quit playin'. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but how many people have a major advertising campaign for their fashion house that features their mama perpetrating like Jerome Benton jocking Morris Day in Purple Rain? I expect the next ad to have Mama Tina holding up a mirror while B fluffs her extensions. Come on now! That's tacky. At least give Mama Tina some equal camera time. Then again...

I had to laugh at the recent dust up that happened at the "Home of The Dust Ups" NYC radio station Hot 97 where air personality Miss Jones (clearly as fed up with the Beyonce Express as my a$$ is - B - I know you're sweet and all but even ol Ty knows you can't eat 1,200 Now And Laters without gettin' *sick*, homegirl...and I love those joints!) dropped an *old school crackback* on Mama Tina. Apparently MJ is a Knowles family hater from way back and, just like at Thanksgiving when you try to keep your new girl away from your crazy Aunt who's never afraid to speak her mind ('Girl, did you ever think about gettin' braces for those teeth?'), the Hot 97 suits knew they needed to keep MJ, Beyonce and Mama Tina in neutral corners so they scheduled MJ to be in the studio when B and Mama Tina weren't and vice versa. Long story short, a scheduling snafu found them both in the hallway squaring off. Uh oh...

Seems Mama Tina popped off a weak:

"I just wanna thank you for talking about me and my daughter everyday while you’re on the air. It just boosts her ratings."

referring to MJ's daily Beyonce disses on the air. To which MJ shot back:

"Actually you should thank M.A.C. makeup for hiding all that oldness you have on your face. Now you look like the joker."

Oh no she di'int!! Check out this final glossy y'all and you be the judge on that one. Anyway, needless to say the Hot 97 suits weren't too happy about MJ's diss and sat her down for a two week timeout. Two weeks for *that* diss seems more than worth it. Matter of fact it sounds like even the alligator posing on B's Ring The Alarm cover art had his fill of ol girl too (though this account could be bogus)...

Anyway - here are the actual factuals, y'all. For you frantic few who are fiending for B'Day - ol girl's upcoming CD, you can pull out your laptops, sit in Starbucks and watch the countdown timer click down to zero on her fan website ForeverBeyonce.com (Your #1 Source For All Things Beyonce - see what I'm sayin', y'all?)!!

And for the non-frantic few?? I recommend hittin' your knees when that clock strikes zero and pray that it will all be over soon (hater that I am)...

Peace@Least,

Tyrone

No comments: