Friday, November 14, 2008

Biggest Climate Threat? Kanye West

Wassup, Y'all!

I have to admit that I've known some braggadocios brothers in my checkered past - Ali, Mike Tyson, Fiddy, all my homeys at Ray's Barbershop but all those brothers pale in comparison to the incomparable, high capacity carbon dioxide exhaust system known as Kanye West. You would think that after recent life events that this brother would take a pause for the cause and reassess just what's important in life. Here's a hint 'Ye - it ain't you..

You know how it is when you can take something good and turn it really, really bad? Like tiltin' back thirty Pixie Sticks in an hour and hurling for the rest of the night. Like forcin' down that thirteenth slice of pepperoni, sausage, mushroom, pineapple pizza and hurlin' for the rest of the night. Like drinkin' your way to the bottom of seven pitchers of beer and hurling for the rest of the night. That's Kanye when it comes to self confidence. He's turned that positive trait into a sad, twisted, unrecognizable parody of itself. K-West's latest bit of self aggrandizement came during a London interview where Kanye proclaimed himself, 'The voice of this generation'. In his estimatation when all is said and done, his voice will have been the loudest. Hmmm...it sure won't be the humblest.

I don't know. Maybe I'm lookin' at this climate thing with Kanye all wrong, y'all. You know I'm one to always try and turn a negative into a positive so I plan to petition Gov. Schwarzenegger to chain that brother up on a hill in Cali so he can power one of those wind turbine farms. I'm figuring that he could power most of the Bay area for the next ten years...twenty if he gets dissed on the Grammys again.

Peace@Least,

Tyrone

No comments: