Thursday, August 25, 2005

War is a walk in the Park...

Wassup, Y'all!

Of course, this is only true when the war being waged is on Battlestar Galactica and you're wondering why you can't be in a fox hole with sexy east side shorty Grace Park. My boy DLT turned me on to this latest incarnation of Battlestar Galactica and at first I'm all like - Man, that joint was *whack* back in the day with Lorne Greene's tired a$$ and pilots named Apollo and Starbuck. But watching a couple episodes of this new joint shut me up quick, y'all. They still have pilots named Apollo and Starbuck (but this Starbuck is a shorty) but this joint is clearly not your grandmama's Battlestar Galactica and you realize that about the millisecond my boy Edward James Olmos steps on the set and you shout "Oh snap! Cold a$ Lt. Castillo from Miami Vice is running the ship, jack!"...

Man, back in the day, Edward James was my boy. He killed as the craggy, low voiced, always cool lieutenant running the show on Miami Vice (shout out to my girls Trudy (Oliva Brown) and Gina (Saundra Santiago)). Man - I was fiending for those two shortys every week, y'all. Which of course brings me back to Grace Park and the new Battlestar Galactica. If you haven't peeped that joint on the SciFi Channel ('Tini Mack - dude, yet another reason to bootleg some cable man!) you better ax somebody. This joint rolls like that movie Starship Troopers but instead of bugs, the soldiers are battling Cylons (intelligent robots who can now also pass as human...). Grace plays pilot Lt. Sharon 'Boomer' Valerii and the Boomer part is what landed her a spread on Maxim Online. Man, if they had shortys in Iraq that looked like Grace instead of Lynndie England I might sign up for a tour...or not.

And speaking of war and Iraq - I'm vibing on that other war show Over There - a new FX original series about the Iraq War. I finally caught the archived pilot on TiVo (I'm like four episodes behind, y'all) and that joint caught my attention right away. The brother above plays 'Angel' a brooding brother who is one of the squad's snipers. If you want to get a feel for what the troops are going through 'over there' everyday, y'all - peep this joint and thank your lucky stars you're home safe and sound on the couch reading my blog. (Side Note: Hey, if any of you Iraq stationed troopers are peeping the blog - big ups!) The pilot featured a scene straight out of Saving Private Ryan where an American trooper shot a grenade at a charging Iraqi insurgent. The grenade embedded in his torso, then blew up leaving just his legs standing. Then those joints kept walking a few more feet then toppled over and I'm like - oh hell no they did *not* just show that on TV! That was straight foul! Like I said, y'all thank your luckys...

Anyway, if Over There is too gully for you, you *always* have the option of blasting off with the Battlestar crew and enjoying the Park...

Peace@Least,

Tyrone

No comments: