Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ty Gets His Vote On

Wassup, Y'all!

Guess who's back? I had a hall pass for the last week (again rippin' and runnin'), y'all so don't hate on a brother. Well it's T-14 until E-Day and I'm happy to report that Ol Ty dropped his vote off yesterday. I'm here to tell you that voting (at least where I'm at) is a high tech affair now. No butterfly ballots, hole punchers or pregnant chads up in this piece. No - instead Ol Ty was treated to a customize keycard and a slick touch screen in the voting booth kiosk. Man - is everything a kiosk these days? You can get money, rent DVDs, process pictures, whatever. I was in the airport recently and saw an Apple vending machine that was selling iPods. Anyway - my vote is locked and loaded, y'all. I was happy to see that on my electronic ballot, Smooth Barack and Smokin' Joe were listed at the top, followed by Cynthia McKinney of the Green Party, *then* Citizen McCain and Say-Pay. Dang, Citizen! That's no respect slottin' you third behind the GREEN PARTY CANDIDATE!...

Yesterday it was pouring down raining and more than two weeks before the election, yet the voting room was packed, y'all. With that kind of action you have to know that November 4th is gonna be crazy so you might want to think about runnin' your butt down to the precinct now and gettin' your vote in if you're in an early voting state. I'm checking the pictures coming in from Florida early voting and see a couple homeys in doo rags makin' their way in to vote. Man, you know if the doo rag homeys are finding time to vote our folks are motivated, y'all. Get your early vote on, y'all. Like Smooth says - you never know what might happen to you on election day, flat tire, engine won't turn over, sheriff arrives to enforce a foreclosure, whatever. Y'all know what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Now before I go, I'd be remiss if I didn't give a posthumous shoutout to blaxploitation star, bawdy comedian and prototype pimp Rudy Ray Moore aka 'Dolomite' who passed away on Sunday. Y'all young biddy boppers out there may not remember Ru-Ray but just know that Snoop Dogg stole his whole 'pimp' persona from homeboy so everytime you see Snoop rockin' the look, give a nod to brother Ru-Ray. Everytime you crack up to The Boondocks' pimp 'A Pimp Named Slickback', give a nod to brother Ru-Ray. Everytime you find yourself at the barbershop gettin' your laugh on at the nonsense the brothers are spoutin', remember brother Ru-Ray who said that he developed his unique comedic style by 'sitting outside joints "drinking beer and lying and talking [$hit]." That brother raised talkin' $hit to a rare artform. Rest in Peace, my brother!

Man - I never thought I'd see the day that Ol Ty would put Smooth Barack and bawdy a$$ Ru-Ray in the *same* post. My bad Smooth!

Peace@Least,

Tyrone

No comments: