Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Where's Dave Chappelle, B*tch?

Wassup, Y'all!

Man, come on! Just when you get to the point of jonesin' for a show, the star either 1) Get's high and mighty and departs for the movies, 2) Get's high and mighty and demands complete creative control, 3) Get's high and mighty and demands Bill Gates money, 4) Partys like a Roman Caesar and loses his creative edge or 5) Get's what he wishes for and can't handle it. So it comes as no surprise (but a *big* disappointment) that my boy Dave Chappelle from the too funny 'Chappelle Show' has gone missing in action...

Reports are on the wire that Dizzy Dave is suffering from one or all of the above afflictions. MSNBC's article had the best title: Fears of a Clown but regardless of the article you read, the end result is the same - no damn Chappelle Show - at least for now as production is postponed indefinitely. Now I sure don't want to have to write another installment in my 'Stuck on Stupid' post series Dave, but I will if I have to. Dude - you've got a $50 million dollar deal on the table! Step up and get yours, brother. Sure, sure I can wear out my Season One and Season Two DVD sets but after a while I'm going to need some fresh material, homeboy.

To be honest, y'all with this latest development, I'm really starting to think there's something to this 'money and fame isn't all it's cracked up to be' line we keep hearing from these rich and famous entertainers. From all those whacked out child stars who go on to work in video stores or become mall security, to mega stars who roll like Tony Montana from Scarface (The World Is Yours) and end up like Marilyn Monroe, Howard Hughes, Freddie Prinz (Sr. y'all not Jr.) or Old Dirty Bastard. For the life of me I can't imagine how that situation is *not* all that but I'm here and they're there so they do have a much better vantage point.

At any rate, it goes without saying that I'd be willing to take one for the team and try the experiment. So if there are any rich dudes reading the blog (Mark Cuban, Billy G., Warren Buffet, Bob Johnson - hold up, scratch that. I ain't taking a dime from Bob Johnson, Oprah, et. al.) who want to run a 'Trading Places' on me like the Dukes did Eddie Murphy, don't hesitate to call...

In closing (as Rev. Al likes to say), I'll leave y'all with a little old time religion and drop the following verse on you from LeBron "King" James Version:

"Yes, what does it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world but lose his own soul?" - (Mark 8:36)


Tyra - Temptation #1

Hmmm, if that world contained Tyra Banks, Rosario Dawson and Michael Michelle, I'd have to say he would gain a whole lot... Let the lightening rain down :-)

Peace@Least,

Tyrone

No comments: