Monday, August 21, 2006

Monday Crackbacks - 8/21/06

Wassup, Y'all!

This week's crackbacks feature Rick Fox (who I know is still missing Vanessa...) figuring out how to stay typecast, our favorite southside TV republican Carlton Banks following Vivica Fox into reality TV, idle wondering about why Janet Jackson's booty looks 'enhanced' and after a long hard look I think I've finally found a southsider to step up and drop some serious chedda on the African continent - 'bout time!...

After being typcast as a basketball player in everything from Blue Chips to He Got Game, word is Rick Fox is being *seriously* type cast in the appropriately named FX drama 'Dirt'...

Dang - first Vivica Fox, now my boy Carlton is getting sucked into the reality TV vortex as he gets ready to jump into FOX's upcoming reality show Celebrity Duets. What? I have to admit that it sounds like this show is lining up some serious talent to stock the other side of the 'duets', but still. I always thought Alphonso Ribiero was better than that - homeboy is genuinely talented but I guess the Hollywood game is tougher than 250,000 out of work actors would indicate...

Apparently the threat of indecency fines that are tapping half a mil aren't enough to scare CBS since they booked our boy Prince to handle the February 7th Superbowl halftime show - I'm assuming the NFL hasn't heard 'Darling Nikki' or seen the other half of his wardrobe that include a pair of purple pants with the a$$ out...

Janet letting it all hang out on the cover of Vibe magazine but 1) do we want to see it (I'm still thinking yes...) and 2) Seems to me that if you drop 60 lbs you'd be losing weight from all areas but riddle me this Batman, where'd all that booty come from recently? Whispers are flying that all that junk is just that, junk inserted to plump up a backside that may have been on the slide. Man, did Beyonce set a trend or what?

Senator George Allen is trying to get to yoooooou and that macaca. Ahhh, another precious moment from a politician who, though a United States Senator, uses a word he claims he doesn't know the meaning off. Kinda of scary for a guy who is thinking of running for President but then again Bush got in... Still it's kinda hard to play off calling a person of color a macaca (aka monkey) and then claiming not to know what macaca means...duh.

Southsiders are finally starting to represent in Africa. Y'all know from time to time you'll hear me jibber-jabbering about how it seems that forward looking northsiders (Bono, Angelina, Bill and Malinda) are taking the lead on helping out the population on the African continent. I'm sure not hatin' on that but I am wondering where we are on that. So it's good to see my boy Dikembe Mutombo stepping up with a thick slice of his chedder...

The beat goes on with the legal challenges to the 'Redskin' team nickname. Interesting though that non Native Americans still contend (as well as courts with no Native American representation) that no evidence has been found to indicate that the term Redskin disparages Native Americans (despite the challenger's view that the word is "pejorative, derogatory, denigrating, offensive, scandalous, contemptuous, disreputable, disparaging and racist..." to Native Americans). Now I can't claim to be a brain surgeon but I would guess that if you walked onto any reservation in the country and yelled to a gathering of young, Native American males, "Hey Redskin, could you come here a second?" that you'd still be crawling around on the ground looking for the rest of your teeth. On the other hand, I kinda like this glossy which I'm sure no one else will find offensive...Get your fly gear right here...

Peace@Least,

Tyrone

No comments: