Monday, June 30, 2008

Erykah Badu cleans up pretty well

Wassup, Y'all!

Long time fans of The Urban Eye will know that Ms. Erykah Badu holds a fond place in ol Ty's heart. Rumor has it that she was the primary inspiration for my new identity when I decide to give up my slave name. That's partly spelled out in my old a$$ podcast (a format which I need to return too when I'm able to manufacture a couple more hours in the day).

Anyway, word has reached the basement that E-Bad has somehow managed to trick a perfume maker into using her as the face of their newest fragrance called White Patchouli. I have to admit I never saw this one coming, y'all. A fragrance called, 'Nappy Girl'? Ol girl is all over it. 'Space Cadet Pour Femme'? Yep. But White Patchouli??? What the hell is a White Patchouli anyway? Sounds like an ingredient that Remy the Rat would use in his Ratatouille, but what do I know? I'm still dabbin' on Old Spice before get my shake on at the clizzub these days.

Still, had I been in the 'concept' room when folks were tryin' to match a fragrance to a personality such as Ms. Badu's, y'all know I would have gone with my original thought that I broke down back in January. The CEO would be in the room, hands would be all sweaty as the clock ticked down and all eyz would turn to Ty to see what genius he would throw out there. To which, I would pull the cover off the glossy on the left and announce like Eddie Murphy and Robin Givens in 'Boomerang' - , 'Ladies and Gentleman I give you the newest fragrance in our line - 'Fearless Fly'! True genius can't be taught, y'all.

Peace@Least,

Tyrone

No comments: