Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Happy Boxing Day

Wassup, Y'all!

Happy holidays! I'm finally settled in my auntie's basement in FL and managed to survive Christmas without a scratch. The fam was overly generous this year (mama kicked in four months free rent!) so Ol Ty will be outfittin' my Chicago basement pad with a few new gadgets once I figure out what they'll be. Perhaps one should be one of those cloning machines like the one in the movie 'Multiplicity'. That would be handy so I could work for the man *and* chill up in the basement writing. Of course the clone would be doin' the working. Speaking of which, I notice my Holiday's of The World calandar says that today is 'Boxing Day' - a UK centric holiday where employers give their employees gifts...

We all know that these days employers tend to think that your job is their gift to you but that kind of thinkin' remains straight tacky. However, this does have me ponderin' whether the colonial northsiders ever celebrated Boxing Day with their slave southsiders here in the U.S.? You know, since the founding fathers did come from the UK and all. Somehow I doubt it, but I'll need to dig into the national basement archives to see what the actual factuals are on that.

In the meantime, I hope y'all got what you were lookin' for yesterday and that you're enjoying a little downtime before the rat race begins again on January 2nd. Thanks for all of your reading time and comments over the past year!!

Peace@Least,

Tyrone

No comments: