Monday, February 11, 2008

Why Aretha Needs a Good Girlfriend

Wassup, Y'all!

At the risk of gettin' blasted by my southside shortys, I'm gonna have to say it. You know Aretha's will always be the Queen of Soul, but ol girl needs to lose some weight! Carrying all that around just ain't healthy. Now I'm already missin' me some Luther and Barry White, so I sure don't want to pick up a paper tomorrow and read about how Aretha passed from something that could have been preventable....

Unfortunately ol Ty didn't get a chance to catch the Grammy's last night but I did see the clips of Tina rollin' on the river with Beyoncé Giselle and Kanye rockin' the house with his Herbie Hancock Rockit reminiscent performance of Stronger. Can't say that brother aint creative, haaaaterrrrs! Ironically, Herbie upset Kanye (and a very tatted up Amy Winehouse) for Album of The Year. I haven't heard any cryin' yet, so I'm guessin' he's satisfied with the four Grammy's he did win. Even Smooth Barack got himself a Grammy for his reading of his book 'The Audacity of Hope'. I'm sure that's killin' Hillary the most.

I see my boy Prince won Best Male R&B Vocal Performance for 'Future Baby Mama'. I hadn't heard that joint until this morning, but I'm likin' it cuz it's got an old school 70's vibe to it. I'm also glad to see that my boy Gerald Levert got a posthumous Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance Grammy for 'In My Songs'. I miss that brother too, y'all.

That's why I'm askin' for Aretha's girlfriends to step up and help ol girl back away from those biscuits (*and* help her out with some fashion choices cuz one day, one of those bad boyz is gonna break loose and cause some serious property damage - y'all know what I'm talkin' about - don't act all ignorant). Food can be an addiction too so it ain't just Britney and Amy who need lookin' after. I want to see her performing for years to come, just like Tina.

Peace@Least,

Tyrone

No comments: