Friday, January 18, 2008

Billionaire Bob Backpedals Bull$hit

Wassup, Y'all!

Speaking of donkeys - fresh in from the 'What a surprise' department comes word to the basement that Billionaire Bob Johnson, BET founder, former BET CEO and current Clinton campaign attack dog, has issued an apology for some bull$shit he alluded to about Smooth Barack, then claimed he was alluding to something completely different, then came clean and basically admitted that people were right about his original allusion and he's sorry. What 'chu talkin' 'bout, Ty? I'm sorry, y'all. I've been listening to these politicians answer questions for so long now that I'm beginning to talk like them too. My bad. Let me try again....

In my Monday post, much was being made about comments that Bob Johnson made at a Hillary Clinton rally that sounded like this:

"As an African American, I am frankly insulted that the Obama campaign would imply that we are so stupid that we would think Hillary and Bill Clinton, who have been deeply and emotionally involved in black issues, when Barack Obama was doing something in the neighborhood, that I won’t say what he was doing in the neighborhood but he said it in his book…”

Pretty much anyone with a brain knew what he was hinting at - Smooth's admitted drug use as a youth. When immediately questioned about the comment Billionaire Bob played it off saying his comments referred to Smooth's work as a community organizer in Chicago "and nothing else. Any other suggestion is simply irresponsible and incorrect,". This jibber-jabber came in a statement from the Clinton campaign. Now, as pressure mounted on his dumb, irresponsible and incorrect a$$, he decided to issue an official apology for his comments. Strange move since all he was talkin' about was Smooth's community organizing... Ol boy's mea culpa went like this:

"I'm writing to apologize to you and your family personally for the un-called-for comments I made at a recent Clinton event," Johnson said in a statement. "In my zeal to support Senator Clinton, I made some very inappropriate remarks for which I am truly sorry. I hope that you will accept this apology. Good luck on the campaign trail."

You can check the news report video here (thanks for the toss Lady E.!). Is it any wonder that BET is a hot mess? If I were Smooth I'd say 'bump that' Billionaire Bob. You want to really apologize? Put your money where your mouth is and drop some ducats into my campaign.

Man, crow really is a dish best serve cold, y'all.


Peace@Least,

Tyrone

No comments: