Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hector's Open Letter to Mike Vick

Wassup, Y'all!

I caught this heartwarming story yesterday about one of Michael Vick's former fight dogs, Hector (thanks for the toss, Lady E!). Seems Hector got a second chance thanks to the Oakland, Calif.-based pit bull rescue and education group Bay Area Doglovers Responsible About Pit bulls (BAD RAP). You can check out other members of the 'Vick Rescue Dogs' on their website, but Hector is clearly the star and most motivated of the crew. I say this because as part of my research for this post, I came across an Open Letter he recently had published in the Oakland Tribune on the occasion of Mike Vick's transfer to Leavenworth Penitentary. It follows after the jump...

Deer Mike Vick,

I sea your bit$h a$$ managed two get a transfer to Leavenworth so you can git into their drug treatment program and maybe git out a little early. That's good, cuz I'm weightin' on your a$$. Not like the Tossed Salad Man is weightin on you right now, but like Biggie said when he said 'I'm in your mama's crib weightin', duct tapin' your fam' - more like that kind of weightin'.

Me and the crew are doin' fine now. We have nice spots to sleep, regular meals (no hot sauce or gunpowder mixed in) and folks who treet us right. I'm in a good place in my life right now. And even tho the good Lord tells us that we should let it go and leave it in hiz hands - you know I can't do that. That low growl under your bed the first night you get out? That'll be me. I'd keep sleepin' with won eye open, homey, cuz ol Hector is comin'. While you're countin' down the daze until we can meat again, let me leave you with a little lullabye my boy Phil Collie from down the street put together for me. It's sung just like that Phil Collins song 'In The Air Tonight'. It's special - just four you:

"You will feel me bitin' up your a$$ tonight, oh lord
I've been waiting for this moment, all my life, oh lord
Can you feel me biting up your a$$ tonight, oh lord, oh lord

Well, if you told me you were drowning
I would not lend a hand
I've seen your face before my friend
But I dont know if you know who I am
Well, I was there and I saw what you did
I saw it with my own two eyes
So you can wipe off the grin, I know where you've been
Its all been a pack of lies

And you will feel me bitin' up your a$$ tonight, oh lord
I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, oh lord
Can you feel me bitin' up your a$$ tonight, oh lord, oh lord
And I've been waiting for this moment all my life, oh lord, oh lord"

Catchy ain't it? Hope that won sticks in your head tonight at lights out. Be seaing you.

Your Frend Hector

Woooo - I don't know about, y'all but Ol Ty thinks that Hector still sounds like he has a few unresolved anger issues! Hopefully, with time, the crew at BAD RAP will help him work through them. If not - daaaang Mike Vick! You might want to reset your countdown clock, money!

Peace@Least,

Tyrone

No comments: