Thursday, January 31, 2008

Boy King Kwame to Motown: Resign? Damn That!

Wassup, Y'all!

I know, I know - but this stuff is just too juicy. It's like watchin' Jessie and Angie from 'All My Children' all over again, y'all. Anyway - you knew it was comin'. The somber, 'My Bad' from the Boy King with his kidz and faithful wife, Carlita at his side doing her best impression of Vanessa Bryant Hillary Clinton - staying strong, standin' by her man in the face of national embarrassment. That's some strong love, y'all though the Fred Sanford in me thinks it's more the lifestyle and perks she gets from ridin' Kwame's coattails, but what do I know? I'm just a brother livin' in his mama's basement.

Here's what I do know - Kwame punked out. He basically staged this photo op propaganda side show by holding it at his church and barring the press (check out the video here). Then again it was probably safer for the press to not be too close to Kwame in a church given the circumstances since indoor lightning is pretty dangerous. But you can't say Kwame didn't drop a few good ones during his non-threatening, non press conference. Check my favorites after the jump...

Kwame:
"I would never quit on you, ever. We've got a lot of work to do. And with your help, I am going to continue to lead this city in getting the work done."

Ty:
How 'bout startin' by paying back the $9 million to the City of Detroit to cover the court costs for a case that didn't have to happen?

Kwame:
"To all of you who have believed in what we have been doing in this city since 2002, to all of you who have believed in me and my leadership, to all of you who have stuck with me through difficult times, to all of you who have prayed for me, I'm sorry."

Ty:
Yes, you are.

Kwame:
[Later, when asked to drop some actual factuals about the undercover boot knockin']: "Because there are legal matters pending at this moment, unfortunately I am unable to discuss any of those issues at this time."

Ty:
Damn, that line is tired!

Kwame:
"Finally, and most importantly, I want to make a public apology to my wife, Carlita, who I fell in love with when I was 19 years old. We decided to build a family together and we did that. Our marriage has not been perfect, but it has been great."

Ty:
Great because I can knock boots with other women all around the country and she'll stay with me

Kwame:
"God bless you Detroit. I love you. I'll see you at work tomorrow."

Ty:
Man, if he didn't drop Detroit in there, I'd swear he was still textin' Christine...

Peace@Least,

Tyrone

No comments: