Friday, August 01, 2008

Oliver Stone's Movie 'W' on Ty's Radar

Wassup, Y'all!

Yep - I'm circlin' October 17 to head up to the back row at the OmniMegaplex with some Twizzlers and a Diet Coke to catch Oliver Stone's upcoming biopic on our much maligned 43 president George W. Bush (G-Dub). Why? Five words, y'all - Thandie Newton playin' Condoleeza Rice. Y'all know ol Ty's a big Thandie fan and when I caught ol girl in the 'W' trailer I had to do a double take as I almost didn't recognize her. On a less superficial level I also want to see Jeffrey Wright's take on Colin Powell. In ol Ty's estimation, J-Wright (the actor) is one of the most underrated actors out there...

This latest take on G-Dub is generating somewhat less buzz than Michael Moore's documentary smack-down Farenheit 9/11, but it looks like it's going to take you where that film didn't - back to G-Dub's roots as C-student, partyin' fool exploiting his parent's silver spoon and then gradually showing the inexplicable path he took from there to president of the United States (the poor results of which we're reading about and experiencing every day - consult the countdown clock in the right sidebar to see how much longer the pain will last, y'all...).

Apparently Josh Brolin (and who knew this guy would be such a good actor??), who plays G-Dub, is a method actor since he and J-Wright got into a well publicized brawl during filming in Shreveport, LA. There's a lot of he said/Po Po said wrapped up in that one (also a G-Dub administration staple) but I can appreciate a homey who stays true his craft. Anyway, I hope J-Bro puts in a few of those G-Dub word mangled malapropisms (y'all didn't think ol Ty knew that word did you??) that our not so accidental president is so famous for.

When it drops, I'm sure I'll leave the theater still unsure of how this guy got to be president - I know I didn't vote for him, but I'm also sure that for the large number of fools folks who did vote for him on nothing more than political affiliation that they'll be leaving the theater openly wondering how they could have voted for such a knucklehead to preside over the most powerful nation on earth. Based on that, you can be sure ol Ty will be outside the theater with some more Twizzlers and Diet Coke watching the show after the show too.

Peace@Least,

Tyrone

No comments: