Friday, July 22, 2005

Hpnotiq - It's not the spelling that counts...

Wassup, Y'all!

First, a mini shout out to the blog as today marks my one year anniversary of vibing in the Malone Zone. 137 posts, 1 podcast (I know, I know - I'll get on it) and too many tight shorty glossys to mention. Man, time flies! Second, you social drinkers and hip hop hustlers will no doubt recognize the turquoise potent potable on the right. Up to last week I hadn't been feeling (or tasting) Hpnotiq but all that changed when I fell through my boy's crib to get my Texas Hold 'em on. I had heard the name and heard the hype but never thought twice about it since I was satisfied with my regular alcoholic rotation. Lesson #1 y'all - learn to diversify and do like my girl Pheebs - never leave the bar without trying at least one of everything! Lesson #2 y'all - make sure your posse includes at least *one* homey who possesses drink mixing skillz. In my posse, that would be my homeboy South Side 'Tini Mack, the brother who hipped old Tyrone to the fact that KFC ain't the only joint with a secret recipe...

In the case of Hpnotiq, the secret of how they get this vodka/cognac/tropical fruit blend to blush that dope azure blue color is about as well guarded as knowledge about 'Tini Mack's PhD in Mixology. I've known the brother about fiddy years now and I'm just now benefiting from his interest in alcoholic alchemy. 'Tini is short for martini - 'Tini Mack's speciality and the brother's so smooth he had the nerve to have a martini drink menu posted at the crib! Apple, watermelon, chocolate - the whole nine, y'all. So you know your boy Tyrone, I'm like - Dude - hook your boy up! After wettin' my beak on a few tight apple martinis, 'Tini Mack pulls out the Hpnotiq and asks if we want check out the Incredible Hulk. I'm like - Dude, how are we gonna play cards and watch TV at the same time? And he's like - Get a clue, Tyrone - I'm talking about the drink. Oh. So he topped us off with a few IHs that look like a high school chemistry experiment (you mix cognac with the blue Hpnotiq and it turns green) but go down smooth like butta, baby. Needless to say, we were hitting 'Tini Macks Tip Jar (told you the brother was smooth) all night, y'all! Hit the IH link up top to see the list of Hpnotiq drinks I'll be making my way through this weekend. If you happen to catch some jacked up typos in my next few posts, you already know what the deal is...

Peace@Least,

Tyrone

No comments: