Sunday, July 31, 2005

Stealth - One Knock Too Many...

Wassup, Y'all!

You know it's bad when you enjoy the previews more than the movie you came to see, but that's the way it went when I checked out Stealth over the weekend. There's a good quote in the trailer to Four Brothers by Terrance Howard who says: You go knocking on the devil's door long enough someone's gonna answer. That pretty much sums up my hard headed habit of going against the critics and checking out movies they clearly hate. It worked out (at least for me) with the last few flicks I checked out but the odds caught up with me this time, y'all and I'm still patting out the flames on my gear from this train wreck. Had I been paying attention, I would have noticed that if you drop the 'th' from the movie's title you end up with 'Steal' which is exactly what this movie did with my $7.50...

So now we have Oscar winner Halle Berry with her Catwoman (though I'm looking forward to seeing old girl as Foxy Brown when that movie drops) and Oscar winner Jamie Foxx with his Stealth (bringing back some back in the day 'oh yeah's' for Eddie Murphy in Tank...). I'm an action movie guy, I'm a sci-fi guy, I'm definitely a Jessica Biel in a bikini guy - all that and this movie *still* bit the big one. The only reason I'm even giving the joint *one* Spinner is because Jamie had a couple funny parts and Jessica *did* bust out in a bikini for a few but combined they were only worth about $0.75. On the other hand I'm sure when Jamie reads this post tomorrow (cuz we *know* J-Foxx has the kid's blog on speed dial...) I'm sure his response will be: 'Bump you Tyrone - see I'm able to date women like this while you spend your time up in your little basement writing in your little blog all night, potna'. My response would be: 'Damn brother that hurt - why don't you make it up to me by dropping Leila Archieri's digits since you dropped kicked her to the curb a few minutes back?' See - when one door closes, another opens, y'all...

Before I jet, I did want to direct your attention to the newest entry in my Rib Tips and Hot Links section. Apparently there really is an alternate universe where black is white and white is black. I got hipped to a tight blog called The Dark Stuff that's pretty funny and drops glossys of sexy shortys with abandon. Howard dropped by TM and gave me a shout out so I'm just sharing the love (and laughs). Head on over and drop a comment because you have to peep the glossy in the comment window - it gives a *whole* new meaning to the phrase Happy Meal, y'all.

Peace@Least,

Tyrone

No comments: