Friday, July 29, 2005

Scotty doesn't know...

Wassup, Y'all!

Two for one night in the Malone Zone, y'all. This is actually a required post based on my 'three sighting' policy first outlined in my Madness in a Bottle post about brain curling Absinthe (which coincidently was also triggered by this tripped out movie...). Anyway, I can't explain my reaction to Eurotrip - a low budget 2004 flick about four high school friends kicking in Europe with one in search of his European pen pal (who turns out to be a hot eastern European shorty). My three sighting rule stipulates that if I see the same thing three times I'm obligated to blog about it. Damn DirecTV... I caught it again the other night and now I can't get that tripped out 'Scotty Doesn't Know' song out of my head. It's been looping since yesterday and I happened to be absent mindedly whistling it a work today and got busted out by a colleague - Dude, you watched Eurotrip!? This is where I go out on a limb and assume not too many of my south side homeys have peeped this joint. I can only encourage you to give it peep since it contains one of the funniest odes to shorty treachery I've ever heard...

The simple premise is that Scotty (homeboy who has the European pen pal that he originally thinks is a guy...) gets dumped by his (assumed to be long time) girl Fiona at his high school graduation. Later on that night at a graduation party, he steps up to watch a local punk band play. The lead singer (a cameo by Matt Damon) steps to the mike and dedicates his next song to the 'freakiest little sex puppet I know -- Fiona'. Scotty's ex-girl (Fiona) comes running through the audience and jumps on stage (check the glossy) and Matt breaks off this song called "Scotty Doesn't Know" about how he's been tapping Fiona from jump street and Scotty doesn't know (so don't tell Scotty)! The song becomes a running gag through the movie and Scotty's boy Cooper even has the song programmed as his cell phone ringtone. That's cold... The song link will take you to a Karaoke version so you can hear it and see the jacked up lyrics. If ever a shorty deserved a buffy beat down, it's that skanky scalawag Fiona, y'all.

Anyway, it's a goofy movie but it cracks me up every time I see it so it gets big points for that. Check it out and get your laugh on and if that doesn't do it, check out this ad clip for a wired pizza parlor called Pizza Palace. It's a quick glimpse on what life may be like once all your personal data gets out there on the Internet...it's funny. Don't drink liquids while watching, y'all.

Okay - I'm finally out!

Peace@Least,

Tyrone

No comments: