Monday, July 18, 2005

Top Ten TV Shortys I'm Missing...4-3

Wassup, Y'all!

Man, I must be closing in on the #1 pick since I got homeys all up and down Martin Luther King Blvd trying to shout me down in the hoopty. Patience is a virtue, y'all - she's coming but before we get to her we've got to go through shortys #4 and #3 AND before I get there, I like to take just a second to prop my girl Taraji P. Henson as we all gear up for her to hit the screen in Hustle & Flow on Friday. Last I caught old girl she was playing Tyrese's baby's mama in Baby Boy (the movie that *still* has me trying to burn the scene with Ving Rhames cooking breakfast at the stove butt a** naked from my brain). I see she's also coming to the screen later this summer in Four Brothers - I liked that trailer y'all. Anyway, I liked her then, still like her now and it looks like old girl is ready for her close up, y'all. Can't wait. Okay - let's get it rollin'. Without further ado I bring to you the #4 and #3 TV Shortys I'm Missing from my Top Ten List...


#4 Holly Robinson-Peete (For Your Love - Melana / Like Family - Tanya) Man, I've been fiending on Holly since her 21 Jump Street days with Johnny Depp. Yeah, officer Judy Hoffs could have taken old Tyrone down to the station any old time, y'all. If you get a chance to peep her early glossys you'll see that she aged like foine woine. I really liked her in For Your Love, but I blinked and missed her on Like Family. I also appreciated the fact that she kept it real by hanging with her homegirl Terri Ellis from En Vogue. Man, I really miss the funky divas - especially sexy Cindy Herron - woooooo. Between TV gigs I see that Mrs. Robinson-Peete is taking a page from the hip hop book of entrepreneurship but instead of pimping doo rags, dubs and pimp juice she's gone strictly Martha Stewart with her own line of 'afforable and stylish maternity apparel'. How come no 'affordable and stylish paternity apparel'? You know homeboys want to style next to their big a** pretty, expectant sweeties! I have to do all the thinking around here...

#3 Malinda Williams (Soul Food - Tracy 'Bird' Van Adams) Need I say more? Two thirds of the Joseph sisters were smoking, jack (I'll let you figure out who didn't make my cut *cough* Vanessa Williams (the fake one) *cough*) and y'all know Nicole Ari Parker would have been on this list if she wasn't struggling over on UPN (and kicking it with play blocker Boris Kodjoe). Malinda had that hot hood rat thing going on. Did the whole beauty salon thing but you knew she only pulled in the money so she could get her nightclubbing on. Of course her hair was always tight and her club dresses even tighter. Matter fact, Malinda is probably the one who put the whole 'soldier' thing on Destiny's Child's mind since she was kicking it with Darrin Henson's thug gone good behind. Yeah Teri was the high powered lawyer, had the crack crib, the tall cheddar, the rolly-bling and all of page 12 from the Victoria's Secret catalog, but you could just look at Bird and tell she could rock your world so hard that you'd wake up a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away and you just can't turn your back on something like that y'all...

Sleep well homeboys and girls for the morrow (or the day after the morrow) shall bring to you the cream of my missed TV Shortys List...

Peace@Least,

Tyrone

No comments: